Friday, August 1, 2008

And she's back....


Hello world!

I've been gone for a minute! I missed the blogging world. I was just in a state of confusion and I'm pretty sure that was the reason for my 'blogger's block'! I did something that I'd been meaning to do for a while. Well, I'd been meaning to do it but couldn't or rather, didn't want to! I finally totally and completely let go of ex-man-friend!

No, seriously... this time it's for real, it's for forever! So much so that I even deleted his number from my phone to stop myself from idiotically calling him in a moment of weakness! And believe me there have been a few! So how'd I do it this time? Well, I told him I wasn't gonna be his shag buddy and we really can't be friends anymore! *sob* It's been 3 days and I miss him terribly! But here's the thing. Because I'm so terrible at remembering numbers and anything mathematical, deleting his number from my moby was the best move! So I don't have his number on my phone and I never memorised it! Yippe yay! Good for me then! I'm hoping that this will be the very last time you hear about ex-man-friend and my ridiculous pining for him! We're done. And now my teddy's all I got! *sob*

Moving rite along then.... You know those stories we hear or see or read about young artistic peoples, who at one time or another, find themselves so broke that they actually live from hand to mouth? Well, today I can totally relate. It's the end of the month and I'm so, soooooooo broke! Now I'm not talking a couple of hundred rands in my bank account broke! I'm talking so-broke-that-I-haven't-enuff-money-for-rent type broke! Funny thing this! I've never, ever been in this kinda situation! It is mortifying! Anyway... just thought I'd share that bit of info! *deep-breath*

On a lighter note, I often wonder if creepy old men REALLY think that telling a girl she looks like a model will REALLY make her give him some attention, affection and a piece of *ss! Seriously! how dumb do they think we are? So this creepy old guy has been trying to chat me up the whole time I've been sitting in this chair. YUK! Total Grossification! It's soooooo pathetic! If I weren't so stressed out I may actually have humoured him!

Creepy Old Man: Hi I'm Creepy Old Man.

Me: Hello.

COM: So what your name?

Me: Soup. (The only reason I gave my name is just coz I'm tryna be polite. I'm helping out a friend at their place of work and COM is a client of some sort!)

COM: Oh Soup. Are you Xhosa (a South African tribe)?

Me: No I'm not.

COM: Oh okay. (silence for a few minutes) I suppose you model often.

Me: Ermmmm, no I don't! (instantaneous evaporation of all politeness!)

COM: Well I just thought with your body, you know, and you're quite beautiful so i thought maybe...

Me: ...(silence)

COM: So what do you do on Saturdays?

Me: 'Scuse me?

COM: What do you like to do away from work. Like what's your sport?

Me: I hate sport!

COM: So do you like watching movies?

Me: No

COM: Do you like dancing?

Me: Yes.

COM: Oh so you're a dancer? Yes! I can tell!

Me:...(again, silence!)

COM: blah, blah, blah... some trash talk about nice places around Joburg that I should 'check out' and an offer to take me to them! (Uhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, sure... like I'd go dancing with a beady-eyed, pot-bellied, creepy old man like you! WTF????????)

Anyway, after a while I guess he got the picture and buggured off. He's now sitting a ways away from me! I mean really! What is it about me that attracts the old, pot-bellied types? I have nothing against older men. I'm just not into the creepy, pot bellied ones! YUK! Anyway, he's certainly put me off men - for a while at least! LMAO!

Anyway, that's about as eventful as my day has been. And so off I go to make a plan regarding them dollar bills! Eeeeeekkk! Wish me luck!

OUT!

9 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Now lets hope that he doesnt' call you!

But congrats on dumping him to the curb :)

Creepy old men freak me out!!!!!!

Supanova said...

Ah Miss M...If I'd listened to you the first time I wouldn't be in this hott mess!!! If he does call I'll tell him where to get off! Humpf! LOL

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Aaaargh!!! Creep!

I was atucally chatting a friend of my parents whose a little older than they are (in his 60's I think) and he was explaining that he may be 60 but he still feels 21 (I can relate, I still feel 18) and says his mindset hasn't changed...he'll still find a young girl attractive and while he wont act on it, he'll still check her out...HENCE...the Dirty Ol' man syndrome!
Haha!
The fact the guy actually tried to chat you up, makes him creepy!!

AQUILOGY said...

I'm glad to hear that you kicked him to the curb, BTW welcome back ;)

Anonymous said...

REally enjoyed your blog! I went through something similar a month ago. We were the same age, but he was toxic and I knew having him in my life would hold me back from pursuing my goals. I know how you're feeling, but plunge yourself into a project that you've been wanting to do and you'll feel better for it.

Tamara said...

Hiya lady. So glad you're back. How's the moeny situation?

creepy old men suck. I remember when I waitressed at News Cafe, there was this one old guy who would come in every Friday evenind and flirt with a new waitress, but her a rose and try to get her to go home with him. Shame - he thought he was suave, we all thought he was gross.

Just Khens. said...

Oy... shame, you are broker than me!!! That is so rare, Enjoy it though.... some "artists" are famous coz they were once broke, you'll laugh about it one day!

Anyhoo, I also somehow, attract creepy old men... all kinds of them! Don't know how coz I actually like tall, skinnish, youngish dudes!!!

Goodriddens to ex-man person, he was bad 4 your sanity!!!

Welcome back!

Sweets said...

pot bellied old men mwhahahahhahaa yeah i get that too! what's up with that?! LOL

good for you for deleting the number :)

Supanova said...

LMAO, you guys... you don't understand what a relief it is to know that I'm not the only one who suffers from ole-pot-bellied-manitis! Phew!

@Blondie - so that's like the male version of menopause? Lol!

@aquilogy - thanx ma man... and yes, i do now believe exes shud be friends... well at least not for a while! So u were rite my man, so rite!

@Jacqueline - thanx for the visit. And u won't believe the good things that are happening to me since i got rid of him! Whyyyyyyyy are we so blinded by love? teeheehee... Please call again!

@Tamara - LMAO... that's too funny! I can sooo picture you having to hold back to avoid 'accidentally' spilling a hot drink on his lap! roar!

@Divalicious - ha my friend.... I hope I'll become famous coz of my broke-itis! lol.... but thank God that's a thing of the past... Okay seriously, someone needs to tell the creepy ole men that they're creepy ole men and they need to stop harassing yung hott things - unless they happen to be Sean Connery *drool*! LMAO

@Sweets - ag fanx mannnnnn..... I kinda thot deleting the number was dumb but it's startin to pay off! Yipeeeeee