Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Bold and the Beautiful...

First...an update about Friday meal. I have to say I'm sooooo proud of myself!!! I'm not saying it was the best meal on the planet. What I am saying is with a bit more practice I could give Nigella a run for her money!
So I didn't manage to take a pic of the food. Man friend was almost an hour late so by the time we got down to eating I was FURIOUS and there was no way I was gonna pick up my camera - I would certainly have hit him with it! Grrrrrrr..... So why was he late? He was having drinks with friends!!!! Let's leave it right there! Nuff said! Anywhoooo... I made pork chops, mashed butternut, creamed spinach and Basmati rice. :) The plates looked sooo pretty with the different colours! Seriously, Nigella had better watch out! All in all, I think I did a pretty good job...and so does he! (This having been determined once I'd cooled off). However, as pretty as my meal looked and tasted, I won't be doing it again anytime soon! So here's to you Nigella - keep your Culinary Crown coz I sure don't want it!

Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of the Bold and the Beautiful. Yesterday I actually sat down and watched it from start to finish. I know it's practically the Mother of Cheese but it's quite captivating! But I've gotta hand it to them though... that soapie is seriously lacking in the morality department! I'm talking about the whole father-doing-the-daughter-in-law-who-did-the-son-who-did-the-sister-who-did-the-brother-in-law-who-did-the-brother's-ex-wife-who-did-the-mother-in-law-who-did-the-husband's-friend-who-did-the-daughter-who's-son-is-doing-his-step-sister! Phew! Anyway, they had some flash-back scenes from the first few episodes! Brooke and Eric still look as georgeous as they did in the beginning. As for some of them...well... let's just say mother nature sure ain't on their side! I won't mention any names (Ridge and Stephanie! LMAO). These people have been on 'The Bold' since forever. I hate routine! I can't stand doing the same thing over and over and over for ages! So how the heck have those actors managed to act in 'The Bold' for so long? And can Stephanie and Ridge please retire already! Jeez! Okay, okay. I won't be nasty! But the I cringe at the thought of being stuck doing one thing for the rest of my life!

Here's to the cast and crew of the Bold and the Beautiful! Now can it be over already!

OUT

6 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Congrats on the meal!

I hate late people. Seriously. They are the bane of my existence. I truly and utterly detest them.

He deserves a right smack.

I hope you gave him one ;)

Supanova said...

Ahhhh Miss M.... The power of a man's hands... You're rite. I shud have but alas... once he got his hands on me I... nuff sed!

zimstallion@gmail.com said...

Ah, the game... I'm sure he planned to be late on purpose, I mean look what happened in the end, hey... No? Am I wrong? Don't think so :) Funny!

Tamara said...

I don't think I've ever managed to get through an entire episode of B&B. How have they managed to 'act' in it for so long? Jeepers - you call that acting?!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ;-)

Supanova said...

zimstallion - I'm beginning to see the light! Argh.... I can't believe I fell for it! Dangitt! There goes my dignity! lol

Supanova said...

tamara - LMAO... You're rite. I totally take back the 'acting' bit! D'oh...